- In 2006, we took a close look at the most popular active neck and bridge humbuckers to see if we could capture all of the good qualities and eliminate the disadvantages: cold sound, limited dynamics, running out of headroom when played hard, and the need for batteries. The end results are the D Activator™ Neck and Bridge. They use coils tuned to specific frequencies. The purpose is to shift the resonant points of the pickups to the fundamentals and harmonics that you want to accentuate from the guitar, and they respond instantly to hard or light pick attack. The sound is powerful, clean, and open, with excellent harmonic overtones and very tight lows. The best way to describe the D Activator™ Neck pickup is that it is big, bright, and open sounding with surprising string - to - string balance. The D Activator™ Bridge has an enriched harmonic quality and the notes want to sing.
- Neck position. Can also be used in bridge position
- There’s a big difference between a pickup that sounds bright and one that sounds thin. A thin-sounding pickup will be brittle on the highest frets and empty-sounding in the mids and lows. The D Activator™ neck model doesn’t do this – both the wound and plain strings remain tight and bright up the neck, and very well balanced. This allows the D Activator™ neck model to function well in both longer scale bolt-ons and shorter scale, set-neck guitars. It also makes for a good bridge pickup if you want a sound with a lot of snap and power. Like all passive pickups, D Activators™ require controls with a minimum value of 250Kohms. 500K is the standard all around value, and our 1Megohm tone control is best for long cable runs.
- Humbucker for electric guitars
- Color: Black
- Output: 385 mV - High Power
- Magnet: Ceramic
- Wiring: 4 conductor - This enables serial, parallel or singlecoil sounds
- Tone Guide: Treble 8, mid-range 5, bass 4
- DC resistance: 7.22K
- Pickup screws are included
|Name||DiMarzio DP219 BK - D Activator Neck|
|Category||Electric guitar pickup|
Order processing time
We ship worldwide on daily basis, with DHL, DPD, and UPS. All in-stock items are usually shipped within 24h upon receipt of payment, mostly on the same working day. Of course, all orders are checked by our qualified personnel and professionally packaged for shipping. Express delivery options are available upon request.
A transport insurance cover up to the full value of the purchased item(s) is already included, at no extra charge.
COD (cash on delivery)
5.00 € COD fee for shipping within Germany. Unfortunately, we currently don't ship COD to addresses outside of Germany.
Personal purchase at our store
Of course, you are absolutely welcome to personally visit our shop premises in Munich to check, test, compare, purchase and take home your items right away, without any waiting, stress or pressure, and with a proper professional advice from our product experts. Please feel free to contact us for your individual time appointment, or simply visit us during our business hours!
Shipping outside the EU
Shipping costs to most EU destinations, Switzerland and Norway are included in the overview on the left. Selling and shipping to any countries not mentioned in this overview is subject to prior inquiry and receipt of our shipping quotation. Please also note that not all orders from all countries can be automatically processed through our website at this time; such orders must be handled on individual basis. If you are outside the EU, please make sure to contact us first, for necessary details on the ordering procedure, shipping and payment. Please make sure to provide us your full address for a correct calculation of the shipping expenses.