- For nearly 30 years, the DiMarzio® X2N® has been the top choice for all-out power. In the last couple of years, we've developed totally new ways to combine power with clarity, which first resulted in the D Activator™. Now we bring you the D Activator-X™ Neck Model. It features the same striking look as the X2N®, but we've adjusted the output and tuned the coils to different frequencies to create a powerful sound wide open with a surprisingly clean sound when the volume control is rolled down, even with extreme metal and high-gain amps. The neck model is designed to produce a highly focussed attack centered on the upper mid range, with less magnet pull and output in order to balance perfectly with the Bridge model. The D Activator-X™ Neck Model features universal spacing for both standard and F-spaced applications.
- Recommended for either position.
- As you can see from the specs, the D Activator-X™ Neck Model has a lot less output than the Bridge Model. What is often forgotten is that strings generate much more output voltage over the neck position because they vibrate more strongly there than over the bridge position, so the neck and bridge models actually balance very well with each other. The neck model also has a weaker magnetic field, so it doesn't interfere with sustain or intonation. Both models were primarily designed for heavy music, but they're also very good for clean, bright sounds in split and parallel modes.
- Humbucker for electric guitars
- Color: Black
- Output: 300 mV - Medium Power
- Magnet: Ceramic
- Wiring: 4 conductor - This enables serial, parallel or singlecoil sounds
- Tone Guide: Treble 4.5, mid-range 5.5, bass 6.5
- DC resistance: 11.29K
- Pickup screws are included
|Name||DiMarzio DP221 BK - D Activator X Neck|
|Model||D Activator X|
|Category||Electric guitar pickup|
Order processing time
We ship worldwide on daily basis, with DHL, DPD, and UPS. All in-stock items are usually shipped within 24h upon receipt of payment, mostly on the same working day. Of course, all orders are checked by our qualified personnel and professionally packaged for shipping. Express delivery options are available upon request.
A transport insurance cover up to the full value of the purchased item(s) is already included, at no extra charge.
COD (cash on delivery)
5.00 € COD fee for shipping within Germany. Unfortunately, we currently don't ship COD to addresses outside of Germany.
Personal purchase at our store
Of course, you are absolutely welcome to personally visit our shop premises in Munich to check, test, compare, purchase and take home your items right away, without any waiting, stress or pressure, and with a proper professional advice from our product experts. Please feel free to contact us for your individual time appointment, or simply visit us during our business hours!
Shipping outside the EU
Shipping costs to most EU destinations, Switzerland and Norway are included in the overview on the left. Selling and shipping to any countries not mentioned in this overview is subject to prior inquiry and receipt of our shipping quotation. Please also note that not all orders from all countries can be automatically processed through our website at this time; such orders must be handled on individual basis. If you are outside the EU, please make sure to contact us first, for necessary details on the ordering procedure, shipping and payment. Please make sure to provide us your full address for a correct calculation of the shipping expenses.