We first heard about Paul Gilbert in the 1980s. Billy Sheehan told us about an amazing 18-year-old who had recently arrived in California and had blown everyone away with his musicianship, speed, and awesome technical ability in Racer X. Naturally, we immediately asked Paul to become a DiMarzio® endorser. It was the start of a great relationship. Recently, Paul has been heavily into our Area™ pickups. He’s also been playing a lot of Racer X-style instrumentals, so the time was right for signature Paul Gilbert single-coil sized DiMarzio® pickups. The outcome of our teamwork are the new Injector™ Neck and Bridge Model pickups. Paul loves the results, and you can hear them on his latest CD, “Fuzz Universe”.
- Recommended for Bridge position, can also be used in neck position with higher output bridge models.
- The Injector™ Bridge Model is one of our hottest hum-canceling models (185mV output) with six individual Alnico magnets. The sound is not like a vintage single-coil: highs are bright but not glassy, and lows are solid and defined. It was designed to work equally well with rapid single-note arpeggios and power chords without becoming muddy or compressed. It has about 40% less magnet-pull than standard single-coils, and this is essential for the superior speed and dynamic range with which this pickup responds to pick attack. Paul’s setup on the guitar he played on “Fuzz Universe” was Injector™ Neck Model in the neck, Area 67™ in the middle, and Injector™ Bridge Model in the bridge. The Injector™ is a lot louder and warmer than the Area 67™ but the combination produces varied tonal colors in the 2 and 4 positions, with the Area 67™ alone providing vintage tone and the Injector™ Neck and Bridge for heavier sounds.
- Singlecoil for electric guitars
- Color: Black
- Output: 185 mV
- Magnet: Alnico 2
- Wiring: 2 conductor
- Tone Guide: Treble 6.5, mid-range 7, bass 6.5
- DC resistance: 11.35K
- Pickup screws are included
|Name||DiMarzio DP423 BK - The Injector Bridge|
|Category||Electric guitar pickup|
Order processing time
We ship worldwide on daily basis, with DHL, DPD, and UPS. All in-stock items are usually shipped within 24h upon receipt of payment, mostly on the same working day. Of course, all orders are checked by our qualified personnel and professionally packaged for shipping. Express delivery options are available upon request.
A transport insurance cover up to the full value of the purchased item(s) is already included, at no extra charge.
COD (cash on delivery)
5.00 € COD fee for shipping within Germany. Unfortunately, we currently don't ship COD to addresses outside of Germany.
Personal purchase at our store
Of course, you are absolutely welcome to personally visit our shop premises in Munich to check, test, compare, purchase and take home your items right away, without any waiting, stress or pressure, and with a proper professional advice from our product experts. Please feel free to contact us for your individual time appointment, or simply visit us during our business hours!
Shipping outside the EU
Shipping costs to most EU destinations, Switzerland and Norway are included in the overview on the left. Selling and shipping to any countries not mentioned in this overview is subject to prior inquiry and receipt of our shipping quotation. Please also note that not all orders from all countries can be automatically processed through our website at this time; such orders must be handled on individual basis. If you are outside the EU, please make sure to contact us first, for necessary details on the ordering procedure, shipping and payment. Please make sure to provide us your full address for a correct calculation of the shipping expenses.