- Since Dave Mustaine left ESP, this guitar is not being made anymore. Here is one of the very last ones, for a special price!
- This is the newer/updated model with active Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Signature pickups!
- Finish: Metallic Silver, with black nickel hardware.
- Body: Mahogany.
- Neck: Mahogany, 24 XJ jumbo frets for fast playing and easy string bending. Neck thru body construction - this enables a very good sustain, and a super easy access to the upper frets.
- Scale: 25.5" - Standard.
- Fretboard: Rosewood, with custom "8-Ball" inlay on the 1st fret. White binding on neck and headstock. A very classy looking instrument!
- Tuners: Sperzel locking tuners. Always requested by professional artists, these tuners are a must-have for the demanding musician. The key to their design is eliminating wraps around the string post, which can cause string slippage and tuning problems. Simply loosen the thumbwheel located on the back, feed the string through the post, lock the thumbwheel tight, cut off the remaining string, tune up and you’re finished – better tuning stability and no more restringing nightmares.
- Bridge: TonePros System II locking bridge, strings-thru-body. A simple, yet innovative improvement to the standard tune-o-matic bridge allows the bridge to be locked down to the posts using 2 small set screws located on either end of the bridge. The result is increased sustain, exacting intonation perfection, and better playability & tuning – thanks to better bridge stability.
- Pickups: 2x Seymour Duncan Live Wires "Dave Mustaine Signature" active humbuckers. Active, 9-volt-powered preamp built into the pickup. Provides the benefits of an active pickup, without sacrificing the famous, organic tone typical for Seymour Duncan pickups. Great for classic rock, punk, garage, thrash, old school metal, nu-metal, black metal and other heavy rock and aggressive music styles. The active preamp allows higher gain and more output without sacrificing tonal response and dynamic feel. The resonant frequency of the bridge and neck pickup is matched with that of the classic Seymour Duncan combination SH-4 JB (bridge) and SH-2n Jazz Model (neck), which has been used and preferred by Dave Mustaine throughout the years, both in the studio and on tour. This pickup combination is very versatile, dynamic, easy to control and absolutely quiet.
- Alternatively, upon request of the purchaser, we can also perform a professional installation of a different pickup combination, e.g. any DiMarzio, EMG or Seymour Duncan etc. (Very fair prices per pickup swap). Furthermore, we offer installation of active boost and EQ circuits like EMG Afterburner, PA-2, SPC, RPC, VMC, EXG etc. Please ask for details if interested.
- Electronics: 2x volume, 1x Tone.
- Including the Dunlop flushmount strap lock system, factory installed.
- Absolutely outstanding quality of selected woods, craftmanship, playability and sound! The quality level is easily comparable with many ESP models which usually cost 2-3 times more than this instrument.
|Name||ESP Ltd DV8-R MS - Dave Mustaine Signature|
Order processing time
We ship worldwide on daily basis, with DHL, DPD, and UPS. All in-stock items are usually shipped within 24h upon receipt of payment, mostly on the same working day. Of course, all orders are checked by our qualified personnel and professionally packaged for shipping. Express delivery options are available upon request.
A transport insurance cover up to the full value of the purchased item(s) is already included, at no extra charge.
COD (cash on delivery)
5.00 € COD fee for shipping within Germany. Unfortunately, we currently don't ship COD to addresses outside of Germany.
Personal purchase at our store
Of course, you are absolutely welcome to personally visit our shop premises in Munich to check, test, compare, purchase and take home your items right away, without any waiting, stress or pressure, and with a proper professional advice from our product experts. Please feel free to contact us for your individual time appointment, or simply visit us during our business hours!
Shipping outside the EU
Shipping costs to most EU destinations, Switzerland and Norway are included in the overview on the left. Selling and shipping to any countries not mentioned in this overview is subject to prior inquiry and receipt of our shipping quotation. Please also note that not all orders from all countries can be automatically processed through our website at this time; such orders must be handled on individual basis. If you are outside the EU, please make sure to contact us first, for necessary details on the ordering procedure, shipping and payment. Please make sure to provide us your full address for a correct calculation of the shipping expenses.